Labor Commissioner New FLCs Posting Requirement
Deputy Labor Commissioner Lucia Ceja wrote a letter to state-licensed Farm Labor Contractors to inform them of upcoming changes to the agencys' Farm Labor Contractor (FLC) regulations. Her letter detail various aspects of the new regulations, including changes in licensing procedures, new duties imposed on contractors including new worksite signage requirements, and new requirements for training of crew leaders and forepersons. Click on these links to read Ms. Ceja's entire letter, and see the new regulations.
Letter from the State of California,
Department of Industrial Relations regarding FLC's
DIR Responds to CFLCA on FLC Licensing Issues
On Monday, October 5, Lupe Sandoval and Peter Nissen from CFLCA, and Farm Bureau, CAWG and Wine Institute representatives continued a series of meetings with Dept. of Industrial Relations (DIR), which oversees the Dept. of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) and FLC licensing department. The meeting included DIR Chief Christine Baker, and DLSE Senior Deputy Labor Commissioner, Lucia Ceja among others. DIR and DLSE representatives responded with a written report and to our ongoing concerns on FLC licensing issues. For a copy of the written response, please click here.
FLC Licensing Consulting available at Fresno DLSE office, beginning Friday Oct. 9, from 9 to 11 a.m., including DOL registration information. For additional information, please click here.
Other FLC Licensing Resources
- For information on FLC licensing and requirements go to:
- For FLC On-Line License Application, go to:
- For the FLC Examination Study Guide, go to:
- To Verify an FLC License, go to:
Understanding the ALRA and Union Issues
- For a copy of the ARLB Form 89-NOI - Notice of Intent to Take Access, please click here.
- For a copy of the Agricultural Workers' Rights Under the AgriculturalLabor Relatins Act, please click here.
- For a copy of the Checklist for ALRB Organizing Activity, please click here.
- For a copy of the Access for Union Organizers (ALRA), please click here.